Multi Step Hybrid Air Conditioners
Registered as No. 59908, dated 4 July 2009 in Iran National Innovations Registering Center
- Suitable for conditioning nearly all kind of weathers such as; hot and dry, hot with low humidity, hot and semi humid, cold and dry, cold and semi humid, cold and humid
- Meets Outdoor Standards, to provide more useful area inside the building. May be installed either on roof and any other suitable surface like as a metallic stands (Standing Models) or beneath the ceiling of terrace
Note: Low capacity versions (up to 8000 m3/h or 4800 CFM) may be installed indoor (beneath the ceiling of a suitable internal area) provided that a separate fresh air duct with required dimensions is considered in buildings’ distribution ducts design.
- Endurable in heavy environmental conditions such as rain, snow, gust, etc.
Suitable for nearly all purposes such as;
- Residential buildings and towers (capacities up to 8000 m3/h or 4800 CFM, in each units’ terrace, whether in Standing Model or Under the Terrace Ceiling Mounted versions, if any).
Note: Capacities higher than this value, may be applicable to nearly all public buildings such as;
- Single, up to five floor residential apartments and where the roof is suitable for installation and a central heating boiler is being used.
Note: In more than five floor apartments, because of long length of supply duct of first floor to air cooler, fresh air supply efficiency will be decreased noticeably.
- Administrative and commercial buildings, shopping malls
- Universities, schools, academies and any other training and educational buildings such as museum and galleries
- Stadiums, Sport and fitness halls
- Conference halls, amphitheaters, cinema and theater halls
- Restaurants, coffee shops, catering and entertainment saloons
- Church, mosque and any other religious halls
- Hotels, motels and any other touristic buildings
- Industrial process and conditioning
- Agricultural process and conditioning such as plants, mushroom and any other vegetable production, greenhouses, poultries
- International, National and Factory relevant Standards are being considered in design and manufacturing process.
- High Evaporation Efficiency (92%), Low Energy Consumption, Low noise, Environmental and user Friendly,
Low Maintenance Costs and designed as an Excellent Outdoor Unit
- Low Energy Consumption (energy saving, up to %60) respect to ordinary evaporative air coolers with similar
cooling capacities, because of higher Δt (up to 18 oC in outside air Temp. of 44 oC and RH of %15) which is provided
by Inverter and LCD Thermostat. In case of compression air conditioners such as Splits, Roof tops and Chillers
with similar capacities, energy saving will be raised up to %80.
Note 1: A noticeable reduction in consumed electric power in compare with Splits and Chillers in similar cooling
capacity (nearly 80% reduction), because of the following reasons:
1- PFC Inverter (in low capacities up to 10000 m3/h or 6000 CFM), common industrial Inverters for higher capacities
2- High Efficiency Cooling Pads providing necessary cooling demand in Slow up to Medium Fan Speeds (17 in low and 3 speeds in high capacities) because of high efficiency of cellulose pads. Thus, electric energy consumption will be decreased.
3- Magnetic Circulating and Drain Pumps which consume lower energy regarding to ordinary water pumps.
4- Smart Energy Management System (SEMS)
5- A noticeable reduction in water consumption in compare with other ordinary evaporative air coolers because of excellent cooling media.
Note 2: In cellulose pads, evaporation of water is done perfectly because of uniform air speed increase and consequently, uniform pressure drop through cooling media. Generally speaking, decreasing of evaporation pressure for any fluid will cause evaporation rate to increase and consequently fluid consumption will increase. So, if pressure drop can be controlled with respect to air speed through cooling pad, an optimized evaporation may be obtained without waste of water. So as a key point, whatever uniformity and reduction in pressure drop, the lower consumption of water and more comfort without increasing of humidity (more than standard)
- Providing nearly all Air Conditioning Comfort Parameters such as Temperature, Humidity and Air Change per
Hour (ACH) at Standard Levels, in the Conditioned Medium
- Supplies totally fresh and cleaned air in cooling and partially fresh air in heating mode (via fresh air damper).
Note: Our body needs nearly 800 liter/min. of fresh air and also 40% – 50% Humidity. While in other Cooling Procedures such as Compression and Absorption Chillers, nearly 70% of existing air is re-circulated and necessary air shall be supplied by separate Air Handling Units (AHU). In mentioned Cooling Procedures, Fan Coils eliminate existing humidity by condensing, additionally excessive initial investment is required for AHU, Fan Coils and Humidifiers and this issue is not finalized in this step. All of the above mentioned devices are need to service and maintenance. Therefore, related annual charges will increased also. While in Evaporative Cooling Procedure, necessary fresh air and humidity is supplied sufficiently by system and there is no need to other accessory devices.
- Multi Step Combined Evaporative and Compression Cooling (hybrid) and Hot Water Coil Heating, through
distribution ducts (supply and return ducts). By this way, consumed electrical power will be decreased to 20% of
electrical power which is consumed by only a chiller, in similar cooling capacity. According to customers’ order, the
whole system may be designed, packed and supplied only in one or more units.
Note 1: By Multi Step Evaporation Principle which is performed by combination design of Cellulose and Polymeric
Pads (in capacities higher than 10000 m3/h or 6000 CFM), more cooling will be produced without extra humidity.
At the same time, for extra cooling demand (lower than the dew point), a chiller will start to operate through an
automatically operated aluminum damper and by circulating some part of internal air, over cold water H.E (Heat
Exchanger), beside of maintaining humidity at the standard level, internal air temperature will be decreased more to
desired temperature set point. This phenomena is named “Hybrid Cooling”.
Note 2: Chiller is designed so that (multi stage) entering to operation, step by step (maximum in 4 steps; 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of its total cooling capacity). In cooling function, system may be operated in 3 modes; a)Full Evaporative, b)Hybrid, c)Full compression cooling via SEMS and required settings. In heating function, by connecting hot water supply and return lines to chiller water coil and resetting some relevant parameters in SEMS, warm air will be produced automatically through the same distribution ducts.
Note 3: Hybrid models are equipped with a superior water droplet barrier, Made of Anodized Aluminum, ensures
sufficient humid and super cooled air without any water droplet entering to distribution duct.
- Direct Drive Fan (DDF), without any pulley, belt and bearings which reduces energy consumption, provides very low
noise operations and reduces maintenance costs (in capacities up to 10000 m3/h or 6000 CFM).
- Cellulose Cooling Pads which cause evaporation efficiency increment up to %97 and provide 8 ◦ C more Δt
respect to ordinary evaporative air coolers, act as micronic filters to prevent any outside pollutions (such as dust,
Carbon Particles, micro-organisms and so on) entering to the internal area. At the same time, because of the
homogenous shape of Cellulose Pads which causes uniform evaporation, water consumption will be decreased also.
- Internal Elastomeric Thermal Insulation helps to a lower dew point inside and permits operation of cooling mode with higher evaporation efficiency and also prevents heat loss in heating mode operation.
- As an outdoor unit, combination of Anodized Aluminum and Steel structures, coated by highly resistive coats and also Polymeric Water Tank (only in Standing Models), provide more endurance against environmental conditions.
- Low Energy, Anti- jamming, water cooled and lubricated Submersible Magnetic Circulation and Drain Pumps (in low capacities). In higher capacities, filtered housing pumps with mechanical or carbon ceramic seal and Stainless Steel shaft, coupled with a 1 or 3Ø electromotor, are being used as circulation pump. Anti – jamming feature is provided by two separate Thermal and Flow switches.
- Precisely designed internal water plumbing and Aluminum water spreading parts, provide uniform distribution of water, over Cooling Pads.
- Polymeric Water Tank (only in Standing Models) with special design features, prevents sedimentations and permits all contaminations be accumulated in lowest portion of water tank and be discharged totally during service and maintenance. At the same time, Anti – UV protection middle layer of Polymeric Water Tank, combined with Auto Drain and Washing System, prevents growing of harmful bacteria and other micro-organisms which use water minerals for growing.
- Single or 3Ø Inverter (depends on electromotor power), provides Auto Speed Control of fan with respect to temperature set point (1Ø, at least 3 up to 17 different RPM, in 3Ø inverter, only slow, medium and high).
- Smart LCD Touch Panel Thermostat, user friendly, Auto and Manual modes, supplied with Remote Control
- Auto Drain and Washing System (ADWS) permits discharging of whole contaminated water in time interval of 80 hours of system operation and prevents penetration of contaminations inside Cellulose Pads and maintain evaporation efficiency high as well. Prolongs life time of other parts which may be affected adversely by water salts and sediments. The time interval may be customized according to used water hardness.
- Optimized Energy Consumption, by SEMS (Smart Energy Management System) through a separate PLC or
Microprocessor Control Unit, Thermostat (remotely controlled), single or 3Ø Inverter and ADWS. The necessary
safety features in SEMS, have been considered.
Note: SEMS provides energy monitoring and saving features, per day or weekly, only in Auto mode. When it is selected in Auto Mode, according to temperature set point, firstly, evaporative cooling system operates with low energy consumption, if the set temperature is not attained, then the first step of chiller cooling capacity (first compressor) will start and provides more cooling, if again the set temperature is not attained, the second step (second compressor) will start and so on. When temperature set point is increased, operation sequence is reversed. Operation of SEMS needs only to mode selection (Cooling/Heating), operational time selection and temperature setting. Temperature, Fan Speed and Drain Controls also are available through Manual mode (without SEMS).
- Type of chiller and its components including; brand, capacity, stage #, air/water cooled, material, type and brand of compressor, controller type and brand, classifications and so on, may be customized.
- SEMS including; PLC/Microprocessor Control Unit, LCD Touch Panel Thermostat, single or 3Ø Inverter and ADWS.
- Supplied intwo models; Standing and Under The Terrace Ceiling Mounted, respectively with 2 and 4 different Outlet and Inlet Positions (Top or Side outlet in Standing Models and 4 different versions for under the terrace ceiling mounted, according to drawings) with respect to building supply and return ducts’ positions, to eliminate unnecessary elbows and prevent excessive pressure drops and increasing air supply throughout distribution ducts and easy maintenance operations.
- Automatic or manually operated aluminum (grade 6063) dampers.
Note: Fresh air and cooling/heating dampers, according to clients’ order, may be combined inonly one part and be
manually operated. Chiller damper must be motor driven and operates automatically.